Recent Speaking Engagements:
- 2011: University of Ottawa Level 2 (Junior) Research Chair in Pediatric Bone Health
- 2009: Recipient of the “Outstanding Clinical Research Award” for work in pediatric bone health, CHEO Research Institute, Ottawa
- 2007: Recipient of the Canadian Child Health Clinician Scientist Career Enhancement Award
- 2007: Awarded “One of Top Three Abstracts” at the International Conference on Children’s Bone Health, Montreal, Quebec and a Young Investigator Award ($1,000) for the following abstract: Ward LM, Rauch F, Lauziere, S, Janik C, and White KE. DMP1 Mutations in Autosomal Recessive Hypophosphatemic Rickets Cause Defects in Odontogenesis and a High Bone Mass Phenotype
- 2006: Nominated for Canada’s Top 40 Under 40 Award, for outstanding leadership, vision and innovation in health research (sponsored by Caldwell International Partners)
- 2005: Recipient of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research New Investigator Award ($55,000/year for 5 year)
- December, 2011: Recommendations for the Monitoring and Treatment of Bone Health in Boys with Steroid-Treated Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy “Endocrine Effects of DMD” Annual Scientific Meeting. Toronto, Ontario
- November, 2011: The Bone Mass Deficit in Pediatric Crohn’s Disease. Pediatric Growth and Skeletal Health Investigators’ Meeting, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America. New York, New York.
- October, 2011: Fragility Fractures in Children. Keynote Address at the 4th Annual Pediatric Bone Health Consortium Meeting, San Francisco, CA
- September, 2011: Bone Health in Children with Serious Chronic Illness. Symposium in Honour of Dr. Francis Glorieux, Shriners Hospital for Children, Montreal, Quebec
- May 2011: Vertebral Fractures in Children: An Under-Recognized Consequence of Chronic Illness. Joint Meeting of the International Bone and Mineral Society and European Society of Calcified Tissue, Athens, Greece.
- December 2010: Vertebral Fractures in Boys with Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy: Response to Bisphosphonate Therapy. Invited Speaker, Kennedy Krieger Institute International Meeting on Endocrine Aspects of Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy. Baltimore, MD
- October 2010: Diagnosis and Treatment of Osteoporosis in Children. Invited speaker, Pediatric Grand Rounds, Cohen Children’s Medical Centre, Long Island, NY
- February 2010: Osteoporosis in Children. Symposium at the Canadian Rheumatology Annual Meeting, Québec City, Québec