More about BORN Ontario:
- One of only 8 organizations in Ontario to achieve Registry Status under PHIPA (privacy legislation)
- Captures 100% of all hospital and midwifery births in Ontario
- Ability to link births to screening program and determine when women and children were missed and then facilitate screening
Research/Quality Improvement Initiatives:
- Elective, repeat cesarean section for low risk women < 39 weeks gestation – Quality Improvement Project in the Champlain LHIN
- Evaluation of the implementation and outcomes associated with the introduction of fetal fibronectin screening across Ontario
- H1N1 Vaccination among Pregnant Women in Ontario – Study published in April 2012 and had numerous media hits, interviews and discussion.