We are currently looking for CHEO family members who believe in the impact research can have on the care we provide. As a Family Leader you will be given the opportunity to provide feedback on research projects in two ways: as a Research Project Reviewer or a Research Project Advisor.
Come join our team!
As a Family Leader, your experiences are a powerful tool for inspiring the research we do at CHEO. By sharing your perspective you can make an impact on the discoveries we are making every day that will lead to healthier children and youth in our community and beyond.
As a Research Project Reviewer, you may:
- Review a short research project summary template.
- Complete a short on line questionnaire based on the summary.
- Provide letters of support for a grant application (Program Coordinator will assist).
As a Research Project Advisor, you may:
- Be part of the study team.
- Provide regular feedback as the project gets ready to launch and throughout its life.
- Your expertise as a CHEO family member will help project teams problem solve issues that may come up along the way.
- Attend a screening interview.
- Complete a police reference check: vulnerable sector.
- Sign a confidentiality agreement and volunteer contract.
- Complete Family Leader orientation & training.
- Has a sincere interest in promoting research.
- Is a good listener and communicator.
- Commits to maintaining respect for privacy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates respect for diversity and differing opinions and works collaboratively.
- This is a volunteer opportunity.
- Education & training opportunities will be offered to those who wish to learn more about how research projects work.
- Much of the work can be done from home – but if you do have to come to CHEO, your parking and childcare costs will be covered.
Apply to become a Family Leader here
The Family Leader Program is governed by a Patient and Family Advisory Committee.